Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large tomato
1 tablespoon ground cumin (best if fresh ground)
1 teaspoon ground coriander, preferably fresh ground
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon salt
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 cup shredded muenster cheese (or cheddar)
1 cup tomato, diced
1 cup salsa of your choice
1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup vegetable oil
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1/8 cup sour cream
chopped cilantro for a garnish (optional)
1. Place ground turkey and 1 teaspoon oil in a sauté pan and cook over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
2. While turkey is cooking, place tomato, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, chicken bouillon concentrate and salt in a blender or food processor and puree the mixture.
3. Pour tomato mixture on to browned turkey and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place iceberg lettuce in a bowl and toss with vinegar and oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
5. Place iceberg lettuce onto plate and top with cooked turkey. Top with cheese, diced tomato and salsa. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.