Preparation Time: 1 hour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 whole sage leaf, diced very fine (or a small pinch of rubbed sage)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper to taste
4 cups spinach, uncooked
2 whole eggs
salt and black pepper to taste
2 ounces goat cheese, broken into small pieces
1 whole Roma tomato, sliced into thin slices for garnish
1. In a medium skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Place turkey, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper in pan and saute until meat is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
2. Add spinach to mixture and season lightly with salt. Toss and cook until moisture from spinach has evaporated.
3. In a bowl whip 2 eggs per omelette in a small bowl until eggs are smooth when lifted by a fork.
4. Preheat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Spray the pan thoroughly with non-stick spray. Pour the whipped eggs into the pan and season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Let eggs cook without touching them until they are just cooked through. Gently slide egg patty onto a large plate.
5. Place a long thick strip of the filling mixture with the goat cheese mixed in in the middle of the egg patty and roll in edges. Garnish with tomato slices.