Preparation Time: 5 minutes
3 pounds ground turkey
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1 cup fresh or coarse bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cups chicken stock or bouillon
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl place turkey, salt, pepper, thyme, mayonnaise, egg and bread crumbs. Mix together thoroughly with a large fork or your hands (try not to push too hard so bread crumbs keep their air).
3. Spray a meatloaf pan with non-stick spray. Place turkey mixture in the pan and spread out smoothly.
4. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Place a sauce pan on medium heat with the olive oil, onions, garlic and oregano. Sauté until onions are translucent and soft. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
7. Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Stir corn starch and water together thoroughly. Add mixture to sauce and bring to a boil.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Slice meatloaf and serve with sauce. Garnish with fresh oregano.