Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1/4 pound Mexican style chorizo sausage
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1/4 cup green pepper, finely diced
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 cup mayonaisse
1 whole chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 slices tomato
jalapeno slices or sweet pepper slices for garnish
non-stick cooking spray
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place chorizo, onions and green peppers in skillet on medium heat and sauté until cooked through. Use a wooden spoon to break sausage into small pieces.
2. Place chorizo mixture in a bowl and mix thoroughly with turkey, 2 tablespoons mayonaisse, salt and black pepper. Form meat mixture into four uniform size patties.
3. Preheat a grill pan to medium heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray and place patties in pan. Cover pan and cook patties for 6 minutes on one side. Remove cover, turn the patties over (they should be nicely browned; if not then turn up the heat and cook until they are). Cook the other side for another 7 minutes. Press your finger in the middle of the patties to check to see if they are done. The patties should be firm to the touch. Remove patties, cover with foil and set aside.
4. Place 1/2 cup mayonnaise into small food processor with a blade and the chipotle pepper (allow some of the adobo sauce to get in as well). Puree until smooth and set aside.
5. Grill buns lightly.
6. Take a bun bottom and smear with chipotle mayo. Place burger on top. Place another dollop of mayo on top. Garnish with pepper slices. Place burger top next to patty and top with a tomato slice. Season the tomato lightly with salt and pepper.