Thai Red Curry Chicken
Recipe By : Johnny Prep
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 0:30
6 whole chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup carrots match sticks
1 cup parsnips, peeled and cut into strips
1 cup Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
3/4 cup Thai coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat a wok or very large non stick pan over high heat. Add oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken, and using a large spoon or spatula, toss the chicken at a slow pace until you can’t see any raw surfaces on chicken (about 5 minutes).
2. Add curry paste, carrots, parsnips and cabbage. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Continue to toss the ingredients in the pan until carrots are soft and flexible.
3. Add the coconut milk and the chicken stock and toss to incorporate. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir the water and cornstarch into a slurry and add to pan. Stir until sauce comes to a boil.
5. Most often this is served with rice.