Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time: 5 minutes
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup Sake or white wine
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Marinade fish for 30 minutes.
3. Marinade meat for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Brush liberally as meat is grilled accumulating multiple layers of glaze.
5. Start by grilling directly over high heat until nicely glazed and then remove to indirect heat and cook to your preferred doneness.