Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ready after: 60 minutes
Difficulty Level: 2
Source: Soup and Co.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups onion cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 12 oz. gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce ( Tabasco or what ever you prefer)
- 1 cup croutons
- 2 cup milk
- 4 cups Really Good Chicken Broth
- Heat a large soup pan over medium high heat. Add oil, onions, thyme, and garlic and cover for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add beer and continue to cook until most of beer is evaporated.
- Add butter and flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring slowly. Add milk and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add cheese and stir slowly into sauce. Add chicken broth Worcestershire, hot sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with croutons.