Preparation Time: 20 minutes
3 whole sun-dried tomatos, packed in oil
1/2 cup basil pesto
1/4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound young green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 cups baby arugula
2 stalks hearts of palm, sliced into very thin rounds
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
4 strips applewood bacon, cut into thin strips, cooked crispy
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
6 slices french bread, buttered, toasted and cut in half
1. Place the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Season lightly with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
2. Bring a big pot of water to a boil along with the 2 tablespoons of salt. Set up an ice bath. Drop green beans into boiling water and cook until they are tender. Remove them with tongs or a strainer and drop into ice bath to cool. Remove the beans and dry them off.
3. Place beans and vinaigrette in a seal able bag and let marinade for at least a hour. This can be done the day before.
4. When ready to make the salad, drain off the vinaigrette into a bowl.
5. Plate the arugula. Top it with the beans. and then the hearts of palm. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and then garnish it with the bacon, French bread, and the pine nuts.