Preparation Time: minutes
Cooking Time: minutes
Ready after: minutes
Source: Soup and Co.
- 4 ounces Whole grain wheat pasta, enriched
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 bunches scallion greens, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups spinach, roughly shredded
- 2 cups arugula leaves (baby is preferable)
- 2 cups sorrel, toughly shredded
- 2 cups watercress leaves
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Extra greens for garnish
- Bring stock to a boil in a soup pot. Break pasta into thirds and carefully drop into boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes or twice the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Add all the leaves to the pot along with the scallions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, purée the soup until very smooth. This can be done in a processor or blender, but be very careful not to overfill the vessel (like 1/3).
- Add the wine and cream and stir to incorporate. Heat on simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Garnish with extra greens sliced very thin.