Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounces semolina flour
- 4 ounces bread flour
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together both the flours.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and set up an ice bath next to the stove.
- Blanche spinach in rapidly boiling water for 30 seconds until color has turned a beautiful dark green. Remove spinach with a sieve or spider and dump into ice bath. Stir spinach around to cool for 30 seconds. Remove spinach and place on a paper towel. Dry spinach as thoroughly as you can by wrapping the paper towel around it a squeezing the water out. Remove spinach and place in a small food processor with a blade. Add the eggs and olive oil and process for 60 seconds and the eggs have picked up the green tint of the spinach.
- Make a well in your flour mixture and pour eggs into well. Using a fork, fold flour into eggs and mix together until a loose ball is formed. Dump the flour onto a board or counter with bench flour sprinkled on it. Knead the dough until smooth, adding flour to the bench if dough sticks to your hands.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove and process dough into pasta as desired.