Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ready after: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: 1
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, quartered and packed in brine
- 4 cups spinach leaves, trimmed and washed (can use baby)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Spray 6-8 ounce ramekins with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté over medium heat the onions, garlic, and olive oil until onions are soft and translucent.
- Drain artichoke hearts thoroughly and add them to the pan. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Season lightly with fresh ground black pepper.
- Add spinach to pan and cook until spinach has wilted and released its juices. Continue to cook until most of spinach liquid has evaporated. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Add cream, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Rapidly simmer until the cream coats the back of a spoon.
- Add mayonnaise and stir to incorporate. Continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir to incorporate. Stir in the panko bread crumbs.
- Taste and check for seasoning. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Portion mixture into ramekins. Top each ramekin with 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Place in 400 degree oven until tops are melted and golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving. Serve with pita chips or fresh naan bread.