1 nine-inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked
6 whole eggs
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
4 cups raw spinach, cooked until all liquid is evaporated,
or 3/5 cup frozen, defrosted and patted dry
1/4 lbs. applewood smoked bacon, fully cooked and chopped
1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Spread bacon evenly over bottom of pie shell. Do the same with the spinach. Then top with cheese.
2. In a bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper until thoroughly incorporated.
3. Slowly pour cream mixture into pie shell until it reaches the top.
4. Bake in 375 degree oven of for 40 minutes, or until top is nicely brown and eggs are set.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes prior to cutting.