Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 25minutes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
8 slices sourdough bread,. toasted or grilled
3 Tbsp. olive oil
12 strips applewood smoked bacon, cooked
4 slices beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 large sweet onions (like Vidalia), cut into
— strips or rings
1 cup baby arugula
1. In a bowl, whisk heavy cream until it thickens and is holds a ribbon when
it drizzles off of your whisk. Add mustard and whisk for another 30
seconds. Season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
2. Place onions in a sauté pan along with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium
heat. Season lightly with salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook until onions
develop a light brown color, stir occasionally. .
3. Brush bread with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil and either grill it or toast it
until nicely browned.
4. Place bacon and then tomato slice on bread. Season tomato lightly with
salt and fresh ground pepper.
5. Top with grilled onions and then arugula, Spread some Dijon cream on the
other slice of bread and top the sandwich.