Preparation Time: 25 minutes
1 1/2 pounds red skin potato, small dice
2 ounces butter
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. Drain water and place pan in a 250 degree oven for 10 minutes to dry out the potatoes.
2. While potatoes are cooking, place butter in a small sauce pan on medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes. If garlic starts to turn brown stop cooking. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes. Do not over-mash; it’s okay if there are some chunks. Do not place in a mixer.
4. Add the butter and mash some more. Place the cream in a glass and heat it in the microwave for 45 seconds. Pour the cream on the potatoes and stir to incorporate.
5. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper. Don’t be surprised if it takes a bit of salt to get the best flavor.