Preparation Time: 1 hour
1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup mango, peeled, seeded and diced
1 cup orange segments or canned, mandarin oranges
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Place chicken on a lined half sheet pan. Pour on oil and toss to coat. Season thoroughly with salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken in oven and bake for 30 minutes. While chicken is baking make the glaze.
3. Place mango, oranges, sesame oil, pepper flakes and garlic in a small pan and sauté for a couple of minutes until fruit starts to break down. Add vinegar and sugar and stir. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Pour mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. (Be careful processing hot liquids. Hold a towel on top of the cover and don’t fill the vessel past 1/3 volume.)
4. Place mixture back in pan and simmer until it is a thick glaze. (Just a few more minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the chicken from oven and baste with glaze. Place back in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat this 4 times. On last coating, sprinkle sesame seeds evenly on each piece of chicken.