Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ready after: minutes
Difficulty Level: 2
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli floret’s, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup red bell pepper , seeded and cut into long, thin strips
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced on a bias
- 1 ear corn kernels, cut off the cob
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, cooked using directions on package
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Chilli garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. roasted sesame oill
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- Mix fish sauce, sugar, chili paste, and sesame oil in a small stainless steel pan and bring to a simmer. Stir and reduce mixture until it coats the back of a spoon. Turn off and set aside.
- Mix chicken broth with corn starch in a glass and set aside.
- Heat wok on high heat until very hot. Put 2 Tbsp. of canola oil in wok and let heat for 30 seconds. Place chicken in wok and stir continuously until chicken is cooked and liquid from chicken has mostly evaporated. Remove chicken to a bowl.
- Let rest of liquid evaporate and place last 2 Tbsp. of canola oil in wok. Let oil heat for 30 seconds. Place red bell pepper and broccoli in wok and stir until red pepper strips begin to get soft. Add green onions and continue to stir for 1 minute. Add corn and snap peas and stir fry until snap peas are soft.
- Add chicken back to pan and add fish sauce mixture. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir corn starch mixture again and add to the wok. Stir and bring to a boil. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with a molded cup of rice.