Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 1:15
3 pounds ground turkey, 85/15 blend
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup green peppers, chopped fine
3/4 cup carrots, grated
1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
1 whole egg, beaten
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup fresh bread crumbs (or 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoon tomato paste
—–Rich Chicken Gravy—–
4 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups rich chicken broth (or regular chicken broth reduced in half)
1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Place all the ingredients for the meatloaf except the tomato paste in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Spray a loaf pan or terrine pan with non-stick spray. Take meatloaf mixture and pack it into the pan. Brush the top of the meet with the tomato paste evenly.
3. Place in a 375 degree oven and bake for one hour.
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
5. Heat a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Add butter and flour and cook until the flour is is light brown, stirring constantly at a slow pace.
6. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a pan. Add roux in batches until it has thickened to the desired thickness. Remember that the full thickening power of the roux won’t be evident until it comes to a boil. Stir in the kitchen bouquet and season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
7. Place slices of meatloaf on a plate and top with gravy.