Serving Size: 4 Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs. lake perch fillets
1 cup bread crumbs, preferable fresh
1/4 cup olive oil
4 large lemon, slices
—–Honey Dijon Sauce—–
1 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon Mustard (regular can be used)
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 tsp. chicken base or 1 bullion cube
4 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Start with the sauce. Place all ingredients except canola oil in a
blender and puree together. While blender is running, slowly drizzle the canola oil into the pitcher. Pour the mixture into a small pan and heat on simmer while cooking fish.
2. Mix salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning on all sides of the fish.
3. Place bread crumbs on a plate and press bread crumbs thoroughly with good pressure into fish fillets. Place breaded fillets on a second plate.
4. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan. Saute fish fillets in oil until golden brown on both sides. Do not over crowd the pan. This can be done in batches and kept on warm in the oven.
5. Spoon sauce onto the serving plate. Top with fillets and garnish with a lemon.