Serving Size: 5 Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes
3 large golden beets (medium to large in size), roasted until soft
2 large red beets, roasted until soft
1 head frisee, trimmed of dark green leaves and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Peel and chop beats into a 3/8 inch dice. Keep the golden beats and red beets in a separate bowl.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Take one third of the golden beets and put them in the bowl with the red beats. Toss to combine.
4. Toss the frisee with the golden beats and one third of the dressing. Toss the red and golden beet mixture with one third of the dressing. Taste each bowl and add more dressing to taste if required.
5. Plate the golden mixture on the bottom with the red beet mixture on the top. Garnish with roasted pine nuts.