Preparation Time: 3 hours
3 pounds pork shoulder (pork butt) roast
2 tablespoons coarse salt
3 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 jalapeno pepper, whole
1 Habanero pepper, whole
1 teaspoon hot curry powder
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic clove, chopped
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons Thai Garlic Chili Sauce
1 1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
12 slider buns
2 cups roasted pine nut and Napa cabbage slaw (click here for recipe)
1. Rub pork roast with coarse salt. Place in very large dutch oven.
2. In a bowl, whisk together chicken stock, vinegar, peppers, curry, onions and garlic. Pour over meat. Cover and place in 350 degree oven. Bake for 4 1/2 hours.
3. Remove from oven. Put pork on a cutting board. With 2 large forks, pull pork into small strips.
4. In a large saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, dry mustard, garlic chili paste, ketchup, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add pulled pork to sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Grill or toast cut side of slider buns (optional). Place a 1/2 cup of pulled pork on each bun and top with cole slaw and bun top.