Preparation Time: 45 minutes
6 small sweet onions, peeled with roots and stem core removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
6 large carrots, peeled
1/2 pounds button mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
2 whole pork tenderloins, trimmed of silver skin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 cups red cabbage, sliced thinly
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Brush onion with olive oil and season aggressively with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish and cover with foil. Roast in 350 degree oven for 90 minutes, turning onion over every 30 minutes.
2. After 60 minutes have gone by add carrots and mushrooms to baking dish and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for the last 30 minutes. Turn off oven and keep warm.
3. Preheat pan to medium high and sear tenderloins on each side until nicely browned.
4. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Brush tenderloins with olive oil and season agressively with seasoning mixture. Place pan in a 350 degree oven and roast for 20 minutes or until done to your preference. Remove and let rest at least 5 minutes loosely tented with foil.
5. While meat is resting, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Place cabbage in pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute until cabbage has begun to wilt and get soft. Add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid has mostly evaporated. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
6. Slice meat into medallions. Top with mushrooms and carrots. Serve with onion on the side and braised cabbage.