Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1 pound pasta, cooked al dente and tossed in olive oil
1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
1 large red onion, cut into strips
1/4 cup garlic clove, finely chopped
1 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 cup sweet pea pods
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 medium zucchini squash, cut into thin rounds
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a very large frying pan to medium high heat.
2. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil and add mushrooms. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook mushrooms until they are lightly browned. Add additional 1/8 cup olive oil.
3. Add broccoli, red onions, pea pods and red peppers to pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until broccoli is slightly soft and onions are translucent and starting to brown. Add additional 1/8 cup olive oil.
4. Add fresh basil and garlic and cook 1 minute.
5. Add zucchini and cook until lightly browned and soft.
6. Toss in roasted pine nuts and pasta. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes or until pasta is warmed. Toss in Parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.