Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1 bunch kale leaves, ribs removed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated fine
16 Lake Perch fillets
1 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
sliced lemon wedges
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread out kale leaves on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat and spread out evenly. Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes or until kale is crisp and dry. Toss once during baking.
3. Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick pan and place on medium high heat. Take fish fillets and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place Panko crumbs on a plate. Press fish fillets into crumbs and apply pressure to coat. Turn over to the other side and repeat. Bread each fillet.
4. Place fillets in the hot pan and sauté until golden brown on each side, turning only once. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Plate with lemon wedges and squeeze lemon on fish before eating. Serve with kale chips.