- 1 Bagel, whatever flavor you prefer, toasted
- 2 strips bacon, thin sliced
- 2 strips bacon, thick sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 6 cherry tomatoes, with a oblong shape to them
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place one strip of thin bacon on top of one strip of thick bacon and line them up square to each other. Roll the bacon up from one end to the other. Turn the roll up on its side. Take a 8 inch piece of butchers twine or plan cotton string and tie it around the bacon about 1/3 the way up from the bottom.
- Take your fingers and gently pull the outer bacon layers outward at the top to form petal shape. Place bacon rolls in a foil lined baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top of bacon rolls. Place baking dish in a 350 degree oven until bacon is crisp, well browned, and soft. This usually takes between 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer bacon roses to a paper towel to blot off excess fat.
- Place lettuce on top of toasted bagel half.
- Take tomatoes and make one diagonal slice in lengthwise direction across tomato so it cuts off about 1/4 of the tomato. Then turn the tomato 90 degrees so the cut side faces up. Then cut the tomato in half so each half has half the cut surface on it. Turn the tomatoes down so that the large cut surface is on the plate and you match up the first cut surfaces to form a heart shape.
- Place tomato hearts decoratively on the lettuce. Place bacon rose in the middle.
- Put mayonnaise in a re-sealable plastic bag and cut one small corner of bag to form a small whole. Use this as a pastry bag to pipe mayonnaise on onto sandwich. Sprinkle sandwich lightly with salt and fresh ground pepper.