Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ready after: 35 minutes
Difficulty Level: 2
- 2 Lbs. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1/4 cup parsley, washed and chopped fine
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coarse grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cracker meal
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced fine
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 whole lemon, cut into segments
- Pick through the crab meat to remove any shells. Place picked crab meat into a mixing bowl. Toss cracker meal and parsley on to the crab and gently fold 3 or 4 times.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne pepper, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Whisk into a smooth sauce.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over crab and gently fold to incorporate. Try not to break up the lumps of crab.
- Preheat a large frying pan (with an oven proof handle) over medium high heat. Place oil in pan and heat for 30 seconds. Using a 3-4 ounce ice cream scooper (or a 1/2 cup measuring up) lightly pack a portion of crab and place into the hot pan. Fill pan but do not crowd.
- Place pan in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan and plate crab cakes on warmed plates. Sprinkle with diced sweet peppers and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon segment over each cake.