Preparation Time: 45 minutes
3 whole live Maine lobsters, 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each
1 ear fresh sweet corn
1 large avocado, preferably Hass, cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh dill, diced very fine
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 squirt Tabasco (optional)
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl together thoroughly and set aside.
2. Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a stock pot and fill with water until it touches the bottom of the rack. Turn the pot on high until it starts steaming. Place lobsters in the pot and then put the corn cob on top. Put a lid on the pot and turn to medium high. If water starts boiling out of the edges of the lid then turn the heat down. Steam for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the lobsters and the corn from the pot and let cool until they are comfortable to touch. You can run the lobsters under a little cold water to cool quicker. Remove all the lobster meat from the shells and place in a large bowl. Remove the kernels of corn from the ear and place in the bowl with the lobster.
4. As soon as you cut up your avocado, toss it in 1 tablespoon of the the lemon juice. Place the avocado in the bowl with the lobster.
5. Add half of the dressing to the bowl and toss gently. Taste and adjust amount of dressing, salt and pepper to taste.