Preparation Time: 30 minutes
4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
2 whole lemons, zest from
2 cups jicama, peeled and shredded
1 cup carrots, grated
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced fine
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
salt and pepper to taste
cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
2. Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Grill chicken until golden brown and completely cooked through. Cook about 5 minutes per side depending on size of breasts.
3. Remove from heat and let rest at least 5 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl mix jicama, carrots, red pepper, vinegar, oil and pine nuts. Toss and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Slice chicken on a bias and fan out on plate. Serve with a large scoop of slaw and garnish with cilantro leaves.