Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 8
1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 quarts rich chicken stock
2 cups kale, cut into thin strips with ribs removed
4 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thin
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Place lamb, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll lamb mixture into small balls no more than 3/4 of inch in diameter. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place meatballs on sheet.
3. Bake meatballs for 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove and set aside.
4. Bring chicken stock to a boil and reduce to simmer. Add kale, mushrooms and meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as necessary.