Serving Size: 5 Preparation Time: 0:15
2 pounds jumbo lump crab meat, cooked
1/4 cup parsley, washed and chopped fine
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup coarse grain Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup cracker meal
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced fine
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced fine
1 whole lemon, cut into segments
1. Pick through the crab meat to remove any shells. Place picked crab meat into a mixing bowl. Toss cracker meal and parsley on to the crab and gently fold 3 or 4 times.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne pepper, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk into a smooth sauce.
3. Pour mayonnaise mixture over crab and gently fold to incorporate. Try not to break up the lumps of crab.
4. Preheat a large frying pan (with an oven-proof handle) over medium high heat. Place oil in pan and heat for 30 seconds. Using a 3-4 ounce ice cream scooper (or a 1/2 cup measuring up) lightly pack a portion of crab and place into the hot pan. Fill pan but do not crowd.
5. Place pan in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove pan and plate crab cakes on warmed plates. Sprinkle with diced sweet peppers and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon segment over each cake.