Servings: 5 Preparation Time: 25 minutes
3 lbs. chicken wing sections
3/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup sake
1/4 cup miirin (can be replaced with1 Tbsp.
— water and 1 Tbsp. sugar dissolved)
3 Tbsp. sesame seeds
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Lightly season the wings with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
3. Place wings on a foil lined baking sheet that was sprayed with non-stick
spray. Place in the 500 degree oven for 15 minutes.
4. Whisk together hoisin sauce, sake, mirin, and sesame seeds in a large
bowl. Place wings in the bowl and toss wings in sauce with tongs (don’t use
the tongs on the raw chicken) for 1 or 2 minutes until coating has absorbed
into chicken skin.
5. Using tongs, pick up the chicken and place them bake on the baking sheet.
Place back in 500 degree oven for 5 minutes.
6. Remove to a plate and brush with extra sauce.