Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time: 0:15
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups water, or amount specified on package
2 strips bacon, diced
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp. chicken base or 1 large bullion cube
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup peas, frozen
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1. Add rice to a small pot along with water. Bring to a boil and
immediately turn to a simmer. Cover and cook for amount of time recommended
on package. When done remove from heat and uncover the pan. Fluff rice
with a fork and let completely cool.
2. Place bacon, Italian seasoning, and onion in a non stick frying pant and
cook until bacon is cooked and onions are slightly brown. Remove from pan
and let cool. Save the pan for frying the rice.
3. Turn the bacon pan on medium high heat. Add the rice and press down to
make a large patty. Let cook untouched for 5 minutes. Toss the rice in the
pan to turn it over. Pat it down and let it cook another 5 minutes. Repeat
this procedure one more time.
4. Place soy sauce and chicken base in a cup and microwave for 30 seconds.
Stir to dissolve. Set aside.
5. Add peas and the onion mixture into the rice and stir with a wooden
spoon. Make a 3 inch opening in the rice so you can see the bottom of the
pan. Add the eggs and stir with a spatula. Cook the eggs in the opening
for a minute and then stir into the rice. Add the soy sauce mixture and
stir thoroughly until the rice has an even color. Add the parmesan cheese