Servings: 12 Preparation Time: 0:30 Rising time 2:00 Baking time: 20 minutes
1 pint arm water (not above 110 degrees)
1 ounce fresh yeast, (or 1/2 ounce dry)
1 3/4 pounds bread flour
1 tablespoon salt
3/8 cup sugar
1/4 cup nonfat milk, dried
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons shortening
1. In a 5 quart mixing bowl, stir water and yeast together and let sit for 2 minutes.
2. Add flour, salt, sugar, dried milk, shortening and butter.
3. Mix on second speed for 12 minutes.
4. Remove dough to a large bowl sprayed with non-stick spray and cover with plastic wrap. Let ferment for 1 hour. Divide dough into 12 four ounce portions and roll into small balls. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment. Push the balls down slightly to create bun shape. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let proof for 45 minutes.
5. Place in 400 degree oven until golden brown and they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove and let cool.