Servings : 6 Preparation Time: 0:45
2 Tbsp. salt
2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 lbs. hickory smoked bacon slices, diced and cooked
2 Tbsp. olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Set up an ice bath large enough to hold the Brussels sprouts.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the salt.
3. Place Brussels sprouts in the water and boil until fork tender.
4. Using a strainer, lift the Brussels sprouts out of the boiling water and
place into the ice bath. Drain the water once they are cooled and dry them
with paper toweling.
5. Place the Brussels sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive
oil on the Brussels sprouts and toss to evenly coat them. Season lightly
with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
6. Place in a 350 degree oven until sprouts begin to brown. Remove from
oven and toss in the bacon. Continue to bake them at 350 degrees until they
are nicely caramelized. Remove from oven and serve.