Serving Sizes: 4 Preparation Time: 0:30
4 10-12 oz. New York strip steaks, trimmed of fat
2 Tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
1 very large baking potato
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
non- stick spray
1. Rub seasoning salt into steaks and set aside.
2. Wash potato and poke very small holes in it with a fork. Place potato in
the microwave for 6 minutes on high power. Remove the potato and let cool
until you can comfortably handle. Peel the potato and then grate it with a
box grater on the coarsest side of the box. Toss potatoes with horseradish,
sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
3. Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and place
steaks in the pan. Don’t crowd the pan. You can do this in batches. Cook
steaks until prominent sear marks are evident.
4. Turn steaks over and mound potatoes loosely on top of steaks. Melt
butter in a small cup the microwave for 30 seconds. Brush butter gently all
over the potatoes.
5. Place in a 450 degree oven for 7 minutes or until done to the temperature
of your choice. Remove the steaks to a warm plate to rest for 5 minutes.