- 2 cups cream
- 2 cups milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 9 oz. sugar
- 1 Tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 6 Oreo cookies
- Bring milk and cream to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar into eggs until smooth and eggs turn light yellow in color.
- While whisking quickly, very slowly add in cream mixture to temper eggs so they won’t cook.
- Pour mixture back into pan. Bring mixture to a boil and immediately reduce heat to medium low. Reduce till mixture coats the back of a spoon or about 180 degrees.
- Let mixture cool in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in ice cream maker and process for 30 minutes or until ice cream is a soft but thick texture.
- Crush cookies in a zip lock bag. Pour cookie mixture in ice cream maker while running and process for an additional 5 minutes. Remove a place in a storage container. Place container in freezer for an additional 4 hours.