Preparation Time: 45 minutes
1 pound pizza dough (homemade or purchased frozen at the store)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 pound asparagus spear tips
1/8 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 medium Vidalia onion or other sweet onion, cut into strips
1/4 cup fresh basil pesto
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Roll out pizza dough very thin (you can use a pasta machine for this, but dust the dough well with flour). Brush olive oil on the dough and season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
2. Drizzle one teaspoon of olive oil on the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan to medium heat and saute asparagus until it just starts to get soft. Remove and set aside.
3. Place another teaspoon of olive oil in the pan and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are soft. Remove from pan and set aside. Now add the last teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and repeat the procedure with the onions.
4. Preheat your oven (preferably with a pizza stone) to 450 degrees.
5. Brush the pesto evenly on your pizza dough. Sprinkle on cheese evenly. Top with vegetables and sprinkle on oregano.
6. Pizza can be placed directly on the pizza stone using a peel. Or make the pizza on a piece of parchment paper and pick up the pizza by the paper and place on the stone or a hot baking sheet. Bake until crust is golden brown and crisp on the bottom.