- 8 whole ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup French bread, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- sour cream for garnish
- chives for garnish
- water as needed
- Place tomatoes, bread and fresh thyme in a large food processor with a blade (a large blender can be used as well). Process tomatoes until pureed to very small chunks.
- Add onions, cucumber, green peppers, celery, Tabasco and garlic. Pulse the processor 5 times for a few seconds each time.
- Add water to get desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on each bowl and garnish with chives.