Preparation Time: 20 minutes
16 spears dill pickles
2 whole eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons water
1 cup flour
1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
Fresh Dill Cream Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh dill, diced very fine
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
zest from 1 lime
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
oil for frying
1. In a small bowl mix together the dill sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Set out three flat bowls that fit the pickles. Place the flour in the first bowl. Place the eggs and water in the second bowl and whisk together with a fork. Place the seasoned panko bread crumbs in the third bowl. Dip the pickles in each bowl one at a time starting with the first bowl and progressing to the third.
3. Heat frying oil to 350 degrees or medium high heat in a large pan or deep fryer.
4. Place pickles in hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove, drain, and place on paper towel. Season very lightly with salt.
5. Serve with Fresh Dill Cream Sauce.