Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups clam juice
2 cups chopped fresh clams, (chopped canned clams can be used)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 pounds fresh spinach linguini (or pasta of your choice)
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
1. In a large skillet bring one tablespoon of olive oil to temperature over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and thyme and cook until onions are soft and translucent but not browned.
2. Add white wine and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 5 minutes.
3. Add clam juice and continue to simmer for 3 more minutes.
4. Add clams and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add cream and stir to incorporate. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
6. Stir the corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a slurry. Add the slurry mixture to the sauce and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 more minute.
7. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper and set on warm.
8. Bring a big pot of salted water to a rapid boil. Add a spot of olive oil. Add fresh pasta and cook until al dente, which should only take a little more then a minute.
9. Drain and toss with a little olive oil.
10. Plate pasta and top with clam sauce. Garnish with thyme stems or chopped parsley.