Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces mushrooms, chopped fine
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
fresh ground black pepper
3 pounds beef brisket, ground once
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
8 hamburger buns
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
8 tomato slices
1/2 cup onions, cut into strips
1/2 cup spicy ketchup
1. In a large sauté pan, heat butter on medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and a pinch of fresh ground black pepper. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has evaporated. Place mixture in a food processor and puree until smooth. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place ground brisket in a large bowl. Add seasoning and gently work into meat. Try not to compress meat any more than necessary. Using a ring mold place 6 ounces of burger meat into mold and press gently to form burger. Slide onto a plate and remove mold. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
3. Preheat grill pan or grill on high heat. Place burgers in pan (do in batches if necessary, don’t crowd the pan). Cook until one side is browned and crusty. Flip burgers and turn heat down to medium. Cook for a total of 10 minutes or done to a temperature of your choice. Remove from grill and let rest for 4 minutes.
4. Toast or grill you buns. Spread mushroom mixture on top half of the buns. Sprinkle with cheese. Place under broiler to melt and brown the cheese. Be careful not to burn the bun edges.
5. Place burger patties on top of bun bottom. Top with a dollop of spicy ketchup. Place tomato, onions and bun on top.