Preparation Time: 30 minutes
12 whole eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely ground
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced
1/4 cup basil pesto
1. Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring pot to a boil and boil eggs for 13 minutes. Immediately remove eggs and place into an ice bath. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove and peel.
2. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, remove the egg yolks to a small bowl and try to keep the egg whites in tact. Place egg whites on a platter and set aside.
3. Take a rubber spatula and force the egg yolks through a fine sieve and into a medium size bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until smooth. Place the mixture in a large ziplock bag and seal.
4. Cut a very small corner of the bottom of the plastic bag and use it to pipe the mixture into the egg whites. Fill only half the egg white reservoir.
5. Season the tomatoes lightly with a little sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place a small spoon of the tomatoes next to the egg yolk mixture. Top egg yolks with a very small dollop of pesto.