Preparation Time: 30 minutes
2 1/2 cups warm water (not above 110 degrees)
3 tablespoon yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
19 ounces bread flour
13 ounces pastry flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pounds ground beef, 80/20 blend
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup bottled pasta sauce of your choice
2 cups shredded mozzarella or muenster cheese
olive oil for brushing
sea salt for sprinkling
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix water and yeast and let sit for 3 minutes. Add oil to bowl.
2. Pour bread flour, pastry flour, and salt into bowl and process with a dough hook for 10 minutes on second speed (or you can knead by hand for 12 minutes).
3. Form into a ball and brush with olive oil. Place back in bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Let dough rise in the warmest part of you kitchen for 1 hour.
5. Knock down dough and divide into 3 portions. Unused portions can be frozen. Each portion makes one pizza.
6. Spray a 9 or 10 inch cake pan aggressively with non-stick spray. Take one portion of dough and press it into cake pan until it rests comfortably from edge to edge. Let rise for 20 minutes.
7. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil, ground beef, onions, and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook until meat is cooked through and any moisture has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
8. Brush dough with pasta sauce. Top with cheese and then hamburger mixture. Brush edge of dough with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
9. Place in 425 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until crust is crusty and browned (you can lift with a fork and check the bottom).
10. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.