Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ready After: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain Dijon mustard
- another 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded into thin strips
- 1 whole carrot, grated
- 8 large whole grain bread slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large ham slices, sliced thick
- 1 whole pork tenderloin, roasted (leftovers work great)
- 4 large sheets Muenster cheese, cut thick
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the dressing: In a small food processor place the 1/4 cup mayo, sour cream, vinegar and caraway seeds. Process until smooth. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Toss cabbage, grated carrot, and dressing in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Brush outside of bread slices with olive oil. Stack one slice of ham, one layer of sliced pork, and one layer of cheese on each sandwich and cover with second slice of oiled bread.
- Using either a panini press or a grill pan with a weight, cook sandwiches until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Remove sandwiches from the pan.
- Take off the slice of bread that did not have the cheese melted on it. Spread on some of the mayo mustard mixture. Pile on some slaw. Place bread back on and cut in half.