Preparation Time: 45 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Israeli couscous
1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup carrots, diced small
2 cups assorted colors of bell peppers, diced small
1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place one tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium sauté pan on medium heat. Sauté cous cous until it turns a golden brown.
2. Pour stock over cous cous and bring to a boil and add salt. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes. Remove cous cous to a bowl and set aside.
3. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place carrots in water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain carrots and set aside.
4. Place the other tablespoon of olive oil in the medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add peppers, carrots, garlic, oregano and salt to pan and sauté until pepper have softened and flavors have combined.
5. Stir cous cous into vegetable mixture and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.