Preparation Time: 45 minutes
2 pounds chicken breast, pounded into 1/2 inch cutlets
1 cup flour
3 whole eggs
2 cups fresh or panko breadcrumbs
1 pound chorizo sausage (half of a large link)
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken stock or broth
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
2 cups canola oil or other vegetable oil for frying
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Set up breading station by putting flour, eggs, and bread crumbs each in its own dipping bowls (breading should be in a wide flat bowl or even a plate). Season each dipping lightly with salt and stir to combine.
3. Dip each chicken cutlet into the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs. Place on a plate in a single layer.
4. Render sausage in a large sauce pan. Remove sausage and set aside. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft and translucent. Add back sausage. Add butter and flour and cook for 4 minutes stirring slowly but constantly with a wooden spoon. Scrape the bottom of the pan as you are stirring. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
5. Preheat frying oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Place chicken cutlets in the hot oil carefully and reduce heat to medium. Brown chicken thoroughly on one side and turn over. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
6. Plate chicken by slicing it into 2 or three pieces. Stack it decoratively and dress with sauce.