Preparation Time: 20 minutes
2 cups chicken, cooked (leftovers work great here)
1 cup chicken stock or bouillon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces tortilla chips, restaurant style
8 ounces quesadilla cheese (muenster is a great substitute), grated
1 large tomato, diced (2 small ones of different colors looks nice)
1/2 whole green pepper, diced
1 whole jalapeno pepper, sliced into very thin rounds
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place cooked chicken in a tall pan with chicken stock, cumin, salt and chili powder. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
3. Place chips on a baking sheet or oven-proof dish. Spread cheese evenly over chips.
4. Using two forks take chicken and pull into small pieces. Using a slotted spoon spread chicken over nacho chips dripping a little of the cooking liquid for flavor, but not so much that it saturates the chips.
5. Spread the tomatoes, green peppers and jalapeno peppers over the top and sprinkle on the cilantro.
6. Place in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is nicely melted (about 10 minutes).
7. Serve with your favorite salsa.