Preparation Time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups onions, cut into strips
1 whole red bell pepper, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
2 cups leftover cooked chicken meat
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 can seasoned black beans
4 large flour tortillas, large burrito size
1 cup quesadilla cheese, shredded
1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 cup tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
1 cup salsa
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and red bell peppers and sauté until onion and peppers are translucent and starting to turn brown. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the chicken. Sprinkle seasoning on the chicken and cook until heated through.
3. Place beans in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 1 minute.
4. Lay a flour tortilla on a plate. Mound 1/4 of the beans in the middle. Top with 1/4 of the chicken, cheese and then the onion and pepper mixture. Top that with lettuce and diced tomato. Pour on salsa of your preference.
5. Fold one end of the tortilla over the mound of ingredients. Then take the perpendicular side and roll the tortilla tightly and lay with the seam down. Slice burrito on a bias and use a thin skewer to hold them together standing cut side up.
6. Garnish with salsa and cilantro (optional).