Preparation Time: 1 Hour
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups fresh bread crumbs
6 4-6 ounce chicken breasts, boned and skinned
1 cup olive oil, for frying
4 ounces button mushrooms, halved
4 large artichokes bottoms, boiled, drained and rough chopped
2 large Roma tomatoes, rough chopped
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon garlic clove, chopped
1 large lemon
1/4 cup chicken stock or bouillon
1/2 cup parsley, chopped fine
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
1. Set up bread crumbs and eggs in separate dredging bowls. Lightly salt and pepper each chicken breast. Dredge each breast in eggs and then bread crumbs, applying pressure with your hands on bread crumbs.
2. Preheat large frying pan on medium high heat with 3/4 cup olive oil in it to sautée the chicken. Place chicken breasts in pan. Reduce heat to medium. Do not crowd; you can do this in batches and keep the done ones warm in the oven while doing the second batch. Sautee until nicely deep brown on both
sides and chicken is done (about 7 minutes per side). Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Lightly season with salt and place in a warm oven while making murat.
3. In a large sautée pan, preheat 1/4 cup oil on medium high heat. Place mushrooms in pan then lightly salt and pepper. Sautée mushrooms until they are soft and show some color. Add artichoke bottoms and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir occasionally throughout this process. Season again lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Reduce heat to medium and squeeze the juice from half your lemon into the pan. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock. Stir slightly and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add parsley to pan and stir. Add butter to pan in 3 chunks and stir to melt butter.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Slice chicken breasts on a bias and serve over vegetables. Garnish with parsley. Cut second half of lemon into wedges and squeeze lemon juice from one wedge on each serving before eating.