Preparation Time: 15 minutes
4 ounces chorizo sausage (half of a large link)
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1/4 cup jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
6 whole eggs
2 ounces Muenster cheese, grated (or other queso cheese)
4 six-inch flour tortillas
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
salsa of your choice
cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Place chorizo (removed from casing) and olive olive oil in a medium-size non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Render sausage for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up chunks.
2. Add onions, peppers, and jalapeno to pan and continue to cook until onions are soft and translucent. Stir occasionally.
3. Add eggs and stir until done to your preference. Stir in grated cheese and season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
4. Portion eggs on 4 tortillas and wrap. Hold them together with a toothpick. You can also use larger tortillas and wrap them so they are completely encased if you prefer.
5. Serve with your favorite salsa and garnish with cilantro.