Serving Size: 5 Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
2 chickens, cut into 8 pieces each
2 tablespoons salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups onion finely chopped
2 tablespoons garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cup green bell pepper seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 jar Mexican Mole paste
4 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked white rice, held warm
1 package flour tortillas
1. Sprinkle salt all over chicken.
2. Preheat a large dutch oven style pan on medium high heat. Place oil in pan and wait 1 minute. In batches brown chicken thoroughly until crispy.
3. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Add onions, garlic, and green pepper to pan. Stirring occasionally, cook until translucent and you start to get some color on onions.
5. Create a small clearing in middle of pan with a spoon. Place tomato paste in this space and let cook until paste carmelizes on bottom of pan. Stir vegetables and paste together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Open mole verde paste jar and pour off oil. Take rest of paste and add it to the vegetables. Stir until thoroughly incorporated.
7. Add chicken stock and place chicken back in pan. Submerge chicken in sauce with spoon. Cover pan. Reduce heat to low. Let cook for 1 hour.
8. Serve over white rice with flour tortilla’s.